Thursday, May 21, 2009

Custom happiness

So, the majority of my work is custom. Random people find out about me from wherever, they contact me with a dream and a budget, and I make it happen. I think it's less about the money as it is about giving them something they will be really happy with, and maybe challenging myself. I mean, I was up until 3am absolutely determined to finish the first (of three) seersucker dress. I did not want to leave a thread uncut, a seam unpressed, or a fold "misfolded." So, I made it perfect, boxed it up, and sat back in satisfaction - eyes burning, stomach growling (simply canNOT eat at 3am then go straight to bed), and terrified of the alarm that would be going off in about 3.5 hours. I digress as usual.

The thing now is to learn when to say "no" to a project. I simply do not have time to do everything I want to do, and I have the sickness of wanting to help everyone, but I am only one woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment