Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pointless Addictions

I realized this morning that my daily routine consists of my new fave blog (P. Trunk rocks!) and responding to people’s drama. (I’ll leave the issue of my daily routine not really being routine, but more so just things I do each day, regardless of order). For a while, I was addicted to Yahoo! Answers. It’s like free therapy, or better yet, let’s call it free advice (as if advice normally has a cost, or maybe it does…later convo). Anyway, I got hooked on responding to random questions posted in YA, mostly in the relationship, marriage, family topics. Some are sad, people out there so desperate for any type of help, they’re reaching out to the vast knowledge of strangers on the web. Some are ridiculous, people just wasting time (my #1 peeve). Some really take that stuff seriously, like, they are truly affected by what is asked/answered on YA. I once answered a question from a younger woman dating an older man, wanting to know if there were signs that he was trying to “train” her into an obedient wife. After my response, I got an email (via the YA module, of course) telling me I was jealous of her relationship... Like I always say, cant save ‘em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment