Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Samba Mambo

So, I just finished these vests for a Samba Drum Band and it was a bit of a revelation. I mean, during the course of production, a lot took place. I had a milestone birthday (OMG, I see "the hill"), made yet another cross-country transition just because (I can't seem to get enough, huh?), and am knocking on the door of yet another degree.

Well, somehow, right when I was crossing the finish line for the vests, all of these things came crashing down. I was on deadline with the vests, in my last week of class, it was my birthday, and labor day weekend. So, I had very little time to do anything - could barely celebrate my birthday. So much so that I didn't plan a single, fun thing. Well, to my pleasant surprise, somehow my weekend became jam packed: I did some horseback riding, went to an "80's Baby" theme party, and was thrown a surprise dinner. It turned out those around me had my 5-day weekend planned for me, and in the end I had an absolutely fabulous birthday!

It's been so long since I've been able to say that, I just wanted to share. So, today, I am genuinely happy. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment